".....the Arabic language itself is part of Islam, and knowing Arabic is an obligatory duty. If it is a duty to understand the Qur‘an and Sunnah, and they cannot be understood without knowing Arabic, then the means that is needed to fulfill the duty is also obligatory."
Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah: "The Status of the Arabic Language in Islam"
Importance of Learning Arabic
- Alphabet Charts
- Flashcards, File Folder Activities & Games
- Handwriting (Worksheets and more)
- Arabic Fonts (updated 1/14/17)
- Arabic Grammar (available 2/20/17)
- The Road to Reading Arabic - my reading resources are now compiled here. You'll find links to books to teach Arabic as well as my sample scope and sequence for teaching someone how to read Arabic. (1/15/17)
- Arabic Vocabulary Page - printables to help teach Arabic vocabulary
General Arabic Teaching Helps
- Arabic Activity Bank - ideas to use when teaching the alphabet or spelling/vocabulary.