So, several years ago, I made up a little beauty regimen sheet. Of my girls that would be of this age, a few of them just have that natural motivation to take care of themselves (well my oldest daughter does now, but didn't when she was younger). I've got one, however, that needs some motivation in this area so I thought I'd pull out my sheet and go over the tips with the girls, in shaa Allah.
It's a pretty long list and I am not suggesting that everyone do all of this. But I wanted to have a lot of ideas to share with my girls and show them a variety of things to do so that they can look and feel good.
Related on the web:
- What to do with a teen who doesn't care about her appearance - advice and discussion from fellow moms
- Why I stopped trying to make my daughter pretty
- Building self-esteem while encourage a tidy, acceptable appearance
- My daughter doesn't care about her appearance
- How important is your child's appearance
Please be sure to also check out TJ Homeschooling's Muslim Women/Daughters section (formerly Raising Muslim Daughters) for more Islamic and secular resources to help Muslim women and girls learn about and take care of their bodies as well as to fulfill their duties as a Muslim female.