Division


Division Terms

In division, a dividend is divided by a divisor to find a quotient. If there is an amount left over, it is called the remainder. The remainder cannot be evenly divided by the divisor. (Fact Monster)





Cute Division Terms Poster - Teachers Take Out Blog
A cute color poster that shows the terms in horizonal division, fraction bar division and long division configurations.

Tip: When I have my daughter do missing number division (or multiplication) problems, I have her tell me the name of the term that was missing to give her practice identifying the terms.

Divisiblity Rules

How Can You Tell if a Number is Divisible by Another Number? Use Divisibility Rules!

Teaching Long Division

Long Division - tips and videos I've used to help teach long division

Shortcut Long Division - If you want to tear your hair out or cry teaching long division, check out this quick method that requires less writing (great for kids who have mastered the math facts or can compute quickly-----may be still frustrating for those who memorized the facts or can't computer quickly in their head)

Division Facts Practice

I like to have my kids do targeted math facts practice (working on one table at a time) Here are some helpful resources to work on just one fact table at a time.

1s

2s

3s

4s

5s

6s

7s

8s

9s

10s

11s

12s

Mixed Facts

Common Core Worksheets Mixed Facts 1s to 10s drills - 100 per page

Division Aids

Division Chart - I found this handy chart online to help my kids quickly look up division facts.





Check out my Division pinterest board for more ideas to teach and practice division:



Originally posted 11/20/18