“Timelines help us understand history. They also tell us what happened when and how much time went by between events.” (Social Studies for Kids.com)
- How to Make Timelines
- How to Make Timelines with Software
- Timeline Templates
- Timeline Crafts
- Online Reference Timelines
How to Make Timelines for Kids
- How to Make a Timeline - Article for Kids
- Timeline basics
- Timelines in History
- How to Make a Timeline for Kids
- Excel Timeline Templates
- Enchanted Learning Timelines – directions to make a personal timeline and a simple template for a text or linear timeline.
Timeline Template (PDF) from TJ
History Timeline Notebook Template (PDF) from TJ
- Personal Timeline Craft from Fisher Price
- Craft : Presidential Timeline Paper Chain – neat idea that can maybe be adapted to other “peoples,” such as Prophets or Companions.or other historical figures.
Online Reference Timelines
- Timelineindex.com – nice resource. Kids can look up information on the timeline by: who, what, when, where, why, which (things)
- Kidipede Timelines at History for Kids.org – not a graphical timeline, but kids can pick out an era and read about it.
- Food Timeline.org – see when foods and recipes came on the scene in history.
- Timelines of History – text based, not pretty, but may be helpful.