Fall Crafts: Paper Strip Pumpkin II

I seem to be drawn to paper strip crafts. They are really very easy though and maybe that's why. This is the second paper strip pumpkin we've done this fall, the first one is here.  

I got the idea for this craft from the Hostess with the Mostess blog.


What you need:


  • Orange construction paper (in addition to it I used Astro Brights orange paper)
  • Scissors
  • Paper clips or staples
  • Green construction paper (for leaves)
  • Brown construction paper (for stem)

What you do

Essentially you just cut the orange paper into strips and attach them with a paper clip or staple. The strips are of different lengths and you match up the ends. Then, add leaves and a stem. At the Hostess with the Mostess blog, she explains the number of strips and lengths so I'll leave that to her.  For my leaves, I used this template below and printed it out on green Astro Brights paper.

You can find this leaf and other leaf templates from my Pinterest Pin here.

I ended up using staples and paper clips to keep my strips together and I punched a hole in the top so that I could hang them up. Other than that, I pretty much followed her simple directions. 


I made three and am making a little banner/mobile with maybe leaves and pine cones to add in, in sha Allah.