Making Extra Money with User Crowd


I recently started another small side hustle and I received my first payout so I thought I'd share my experiences.

I started with User Crowd (formerly Usability Hub) toward the end of January. With User Crowd, you are in the role of a "design tester." User Crowd provides you with quick, simple testing tasks related to the design of a website or app. You are asked to chime in on things like logo design, usability of a site or app (where would you click, can you find, etc). These tests are generally really quick and maybe take anywhere from 1-5 minutes. For each test, you are awarded credits and these credits are then immediately turned into money amounts upon completion of a test. The tasks range from $0.10 and up. The site says the pay per task ranges from $0.10 to $0.50 but I have gotten ones for $0.60 and $0.70 per task. As you might expect, the ones on the higher end take a little longer. The site says the pay is approximately $0.10 per minute of testing and I think this is a pretty good guide.

Of course, you aren't going to make mad money on here, but it is some extra cash. It took me about a month to make the $10 minimum payout threshhold, but since it's really not that time intensive, it was worth it to me. The key, though, is that this is really only worth it if you spend a considerable amount of time on your computer each day. I am on my computer throughout the day doing MTURK, looking up homeschooling resources, doing homeschooling lessons on the computer, etc so I catch a lot of the tasks. If you are not around your computer a lot, you are going to miss out on a lot of the tasks. I get a desktop notification on my computer that I can just click on to go to the task. You can also just go to the site and check your dashboard, which I sometimes do, but a majority of the time, there will be no tasks available so getting those notifications are key.

Payout

To be paid by User Crowd, you must use PayPal. As I said, there is a minimum $10 threshhold before you can request a payment. On the site it says payments can take up to 30 days, but I requetsted a payment on March 4 and received a payment on March 11. 


This was my first payment so I can't really tell yet if this is a good estimation of the average time of a payout. I was just happy it came this quick as I read on a blogger's post that it took about 30 days to get paid (but this may have been some years ago).


So......... while this opportunity obviously won't make you rich, when used in conjunction with other side hustles (eg. MTURK, Prolific, etc) it can add up.

If you have questions, or want to check it out, you can take at look at their FAQ page.

There is also a more thorough review of UserCrowd at 9 to 5 Work Online.com