Products We're Using

10/2015
We're using this program right now, level 1. My daughter loves it so far.

Khushoo PowerPoint Lessons


Alhamdulillah, we are wrapping up our unit this week on Khushoo. Maa shaa Allah, I have to say that we (including me) learned a lot on the topic. It was very eye opening, and I am so thankful that Allah allowed us to remain consistent and get through the unit (as consistency is one of my biggest problems).

In the beginning of the week I posted a Khushoo Lesson Plan outline. We began following the lesson outline and I read the articles to the kids. Well, although beneficial, the kids weren't engaged as much as I would have liked them to be. So we did a couple of things. One, as my husband suggested, I let the kids take turns with the reading (instead of just me). A couple of them didn't want to share the reading, lol.

Then, to try to engage them a bit more, I decided to make a powerpoint presentation so that they had something else to visually lock onto.

After working on it all week, alhamdulillah it is finished and I am sharing it here.  Now, to note:
The powerpoint is meant to accompany the readings. It can be used standalone as a review, but it draws upon the premise that you would be reading the articles as you progress through the powerpoint. A lot of good information will be lost simply viewing the powerpoint if you haven't read the articles.  After the unit is completed for the first time, I think reviewing the powerpoint from time to time with your students and their notes/worksheets would be ideal.

So here are the lesson components for download:

PowerPoint Lesson: PDF   PowerPoint (or download from SlideShare below)




Khushoo worksheets

Khushoo worksheets

Khushoo worksheets

Khushoo worksheets

Khushoo worksheets




Also, please note: Within the powerpoint, the links to the reading and worksheets are given as well, for convenience.

I hope you can benefit from these items. My kids really seemed to enjoy the unit more once I introduced the powerpoint and worksheets.