Products We're Using

10/2015
We're using this program right now, level 1. My daughter loves it so far.

What colors can the hijaab be?


The female companions were known to wear black and dark colors (such as the hadith [mentioned in the thread this was taken from], "crows on their heads"), but other colors are also permissible for a woman to wear. She must not wear any color, however, in vanity.
Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 7.715

...'Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil ...
Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 7.733

that he had seen Um Kulthum, the daughter of Allah's Apostle (saaws), wearing a red silk garment.
Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 7.713

The Prophet (saaws) was given some clothes including a black Khamisa. The Prophet said, "To whom shall we give this to wear?" The people kept silent whereupon the Prophet said, "Fetch Um Khalid for me." I (Um Khalid) was brought carried (as I was small girl at that time). The Prophet took the Khamisa in his hands and made me wear it and said, "May you live so long that your dress will wear out and you will mend it many times." On the Khamisa there were some green or pale designs (The Prophet saw these designs) and said, "O Um Khalid! This is Sanah." (Sanah in a Ethiopian word meaning beautiful).
Hadith - Sunan of Abu Dawood #4055, Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As

We came down with the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) from a turning of a valley. He turned his attention to me and I was wearing a garment dyed with a reddish yellow dye. He asked: What is this garment over you? I recognised what he disliked. I then came to my family who were burning their oven. I threw it (the garment) in it and came to him the next day. He asked: Abdullah, what have you done with the garment? I informed him about it. He said: Why did you not give it to one of your family to wear, for there is no harm in it for women.
Source: SalafiTalk.net